Friday, June 8, 2012


We came home around evening. Sometimes later Shinu went out. Driven by a strange urge I went to his room.  I never saw my mother. I began to look for that picture to just have a glance. I never  have her touch on me, affectionate touch.  I was ransacking the room like a bull in china shop. Few minutes later I found it under bed. She was beautiful. Big eyes, sharp nose and a round face; she was smiling as if  she can see me, her son , part of her. Suddenly I felt something  in my chest. I put my hand there. A beat, my heart, I could feel it strongly, keen and palpitating. I had a thought of stealing it but  I didn't dare . I kept it where it was. Then walked out silently. Her face was in my eyes, and I close my eyes wishing to meet her for once ,in dream ; because I had heard that man see dreams about his wishes and desires. 
 
Dark destiny


A little suffocating made me awake. My room was full of smoke. I ran to Shinu’s room..There was none. In panic I started calling him and run all around the house. Then I rushed to main door and found the demon, red flame keenly stretching its tongue to take over all. I ran to my room, it wasn’t caught by fir till then. Opened the window to call out for help. But I found villagers standing with burning torch and enjoying the scene. Even Shinu was among them. I cried out for help. None approached. Shinu lower his head and lost in crowd. I was petrified in shock, paused. Then I gather all my courage to save all that I had then, my mother. I ran to Shinu’s room but it was domain of fire giant then. Standing there for minutes I was trying to find a idea to make my way to mother’s picture, last thing I can claim as mine. But I was blank. I surrendered to my fate. Walked to my room silently and sat on knees. Flame was turning over everything, climbing the wall to stretching itself on ceiling .But I was still, calm. Betrayed by all I lost my love for this fleshly screen. But Fate has something else for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment